At Parsonage Farm Nursery and Infant School, we teach PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education) following Hampshire County Council guidelines. It is taught weekly both explicitly and through many other curriculum areas. It is delivered through circle times, drama, stories, and group discussions as well as through assemblies. Visits and visitors to the school further support the teaching of PSHE.
Through our PSHE teaching, we aim to provide children with the knowledge, understanding, skills and strategies required to live a healthy, safe and balanced life within and beyond our school.
The programme enables children to:
- Be an independent and responsible member of our community
- Develop self-confidence and self-esteem so that they can make informed choices
- Have respect for each other
- Understand themselves and what makes for good relationships with others
- Learn about British Values
In 2011, the Government defined British Values as democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs. We promote these values through our own School Values and our curriculum, particularly the PSHE curriculum.